Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fear of the web

The things that scare me about the Internet are the risk of identity theft, spam, and viruses. Identity theft is a big deal to me when it comes to the internet due to the fact that I could be inputting information about my self, my credit, or anything else that is very important, then someone who is very good at hacking or working for the place that I am inputting the information at could use it for there own advantage. When that happens I could be charged for things that I would never use, I could also be accused of something that I have never done, and because of that my number one fear of the internet is identity theft, one moment you can be safe but once you click submit someone else can be living your life and ruining it. Spam is another fear when it comes to the Internet due to the fact that spam is getting harder to detect. I have a fear of falling for one of the spam adds, and that add being fake then I lose valuable information due to a fake advertisement that I thought was real. The other fear that I have is Viruses. Viruses can be a big issue, cause each virus is different. I would not like to receive a virus on my personal computer that has a lot of valuable information and data, and with the click of a button I do not want to lose all of that, at the same time I do not want to click or receive a virus that can make my computer malfunction. If I stumble on another type of virus that would corrupt my computer them have to pay to have it fixed all because someone had to make a virus and make other peoples life harder then they need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment